Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The City of Plainview is always looking for interested volunteers for the Animal Shelter. If you have an hour a week or one hour a month, there is many ways to love on our fur friends, including:
To become a volunteer:
1. Contact the Animal Shelter at 806-296-1100 to notify staff of your interest.
2. Complete Volunteer Application.
3. Schedule Meeting with Animal Management Staff to review Application, discuss Volunteer Interests.
4. Attend Volunteer Orientation / Basic Animal Handling Training.
5. Complete Volunteer Agreement.
*Minors age 14-17 are able to volunteer; certain restrictions apply. Please contact Animal Management for more details.